Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Absolutely Terrifying

Yesterday morning Rockbridge had a seminar with Dr. Atwood from New St. Andrews, for the high schoolers. We were set up in a double horseshoe with the 10th and up in front and the freshman in the back (the freshman almost outnumber the rest of the highschoolers). So about halfway through the seminar the foot of the senior sitting in front of me was shaking like crazy and making a really annoying squeeking. Then stupid Joey decided to take a peice of paper and slip it under the foot to stop the squeeking. What I didn't realize was that our former naval commander principal was sitting right behind me. five seconds later I felt his hand on my houlder and he's like, "follow me," and in my head I'm like, "Oh crap!" in the hallway he said none too softly "What were you thinking!!!!!!!!!!!?" loud enough that some of the people in the conference room could hear. Then he sent me up to my homeroom for the rest of the seminar, and told me he wanted to see me at lunch. Up in my classroom Mr. Colvin, our Latin tercher, was grading papers, and he read a buch of funny mistakes that people had made to me and basically tried to take my mind off of the horror of my predicament, he was cool. At lunch I ended up talking to the less scary principal of the lower school because the ex-navy guy was gone, and I had people asking me what had happenned for the rest of the day. WOW.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice

SmallFri said...

wow that totally sucks!!!! I've never had that so I wouldn't really know but i can imagine.

Hugs!!

Julia said...

So you got in trouble from trying to stop the squeeking? that really does suck!

Joey said...

If you had met our principal you'd know how terrifying it could be.