Tuesday, December 26, 2006

CDs I Got Yesterday and Today

(my rating is out of five stars *)

The Afters - I Wish We All Could Win * * *
Pros: the first three songs are awesome
Cons: the last seven songs are praise-like, which some people like, but I don't really

Head Automatica - Popaganda * * * *
Description: Powerpop
Pros: most of the music is really fun with good beats and unique vocals
Cons: the song "K Horse" has the "F" word in it and the whole song is just ok

Switchfoot - Oh! Gravity * * * * *
Description: Alt. Rock
Pros: one of the best CDs ever. catchy rhythms, cool melodies, and unique twists. I love it!
Cons: we have to wait a couple of years for the next CD

The Academy Is... - Almost Here * * * *
Description: Powerpop
Pros: the sound and the lyriccs are really cool
Cons: the song "Black Mamba" has the "F" and "S" words in it (but the song itself is cool)

Boys Like Girls - Boys Like Girls * * * *
Description: Powerpop
Pros: cool sound, simlar to The Academy Is...
Cons: the song "Broken Man" has the "S" word in it

Mae - The Everglow * * * *
Description: Rock (on the soft side)
Pros: some of the songs have melodies with a lot of feeling
Cons: annoying prolouge and epilouge. the songs are pretty similar

Our Lady Peace - Healthy In Paranoid Times * * * * * (so far)
Description: Alt. Rock (a lot like Switchfoot)
Pros: Amazing melodies and lyrics (I haven't listenned to the whole thing yet). they ask some really good questions in their songs
Cons: I'm gonna feel obligated to buy their other CDs (and they have a lot of CDs)

5 comments:

♥Mandy said...

You just commented on my blog 5 minutes ago. LOL Weapons and Violence? That is very funny and weird. At least you can go there now. (I haven't read the post I'm commenting on yet but I will tomorrow)

♥Mandy said...

Oh and to get your time excactly right change the time zone thingy in the formatting tab to [UTC -5:00] Eastern Standard Time.

Julia said...

wow that is a lot of cd's. I only got one cd.

bex said...

YOU GOT MAE?!?!?!?!?! so not fair! you know they're coming to Baltimore in a few months?? man Julia's right. That is alot of CDs, i only got 2 of the 20 I asked for. . lucky

SmallFri said...

wow that is a lot of cds!!!! Hope you had a great Christmas!!!