Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Awesome Day

Today couldn't have been much better. Well, this morning was just ok, but the afternoon made up for it. First, my very doubtful debate team pulled together against the daunting Julia team, and we managed to put in some powerful arguements. For all those who predicted we would get crushed, EAT THAT!
As if that wasn't good enough, I won (first place) my x-c meet at Indian Creek School. Granted, there were only 20 other guys running, but 18:26 is still an awesome time for 3.1 miles. The other Rockbridge runners did really good too. Gabrielle, came in first of 8 girls with a time of about 23 minutes, and the other three rockbridge girls (Caroline, Page, and Natalie respectively) took 2nd 3rd and 4th. Noah and Gilbert were also there, but I forget their times and places. Here's the first step to a Rockbridge cross-country team.

7 comments:

Beccah said...

Pretty cool. You are an amazing runner. Beating twenty other guys is pretty sweet. What was the age range? Oh, I linked you, so you should link me. :b

Joey said...

It was High Schoolers, but we entered two 8th graders.
I can't figure out the links, otherwise I would. : (

matanda said...

yea beccah you need to teach me how to work the links...anyways...

joey has a blog! yay! i wuv joey!

Anonymous said...

Joey... dang...

ur fast

Beccah said...

Oh! We'll have to have a lil links party or something. :b

Julia said...

Wow that is a really good time! I think.... Were you tired after the race? I can't figure out the links either.

Joey said...

Actually, I wasn't that tired at the very end; I was too wrapped up in the victory, but near the end of the race I thought I was gonna puke.