Friday, June 15, 2007

My Favorite Playlist

There's this one playlist that I made a while back that I keep updating, and I listen to it all the time. I named it Chillin' because all the songs are soft and easygoing (e.g Jack Johnson, The Shins, and, Regina Spektor) I always play this playlist at parties and whatnot. I've spent a lot of time perfecting it, making sure that all the songs belong and that the transitions between songs sound good. So here's the list in play order.

1. "Instrumental" - Braddigan (This guy is a friend of my uncle Chris he also has a band called "Dispatch")

2. "Situations" - Jack Johnson

3. "Better Part Of Me" - House Of Fools (One of my favorite songs ever)

4. "LA" - Message Of The Blues (This is the song from the BP commercial, but with it's original lyrics. You can only download this song from indie911)

5. "We Will Become Silhouettes" - The Shins (Originally by The Postal Service)

6. "Soul Meets Body" - Death Cab For Cutie

7. "My Life Before Today" - House Of Fools


8. "Yesterday Threw Everything At Me" - Athlete

9. "Never Know" - Jack Johnson

10. "Tenth Street" - Valencia

11. "Island In The Sun" - Weezer (What I'm currently listenning to)

12. "Fighting In A Sack" - The Shins (The Shins appear the most on this playlist out of any other band)

13. "We Itertwined" - The Hush Sound

14. "Black Horse And The Cherry Tree" - KT Tunstall

15. "On The Table" - A. C. Newman

16. "Fallin' " - Braddigan

17. "Australia" - The Shins (Wincing The Night away is an amazing CD, you should buy it)

18. "Upside Down" - Jack Johnson

19. "Me And EveryoneI Know" - House Of Fools (Live And Learn is another really good CD)

20. "Suddenly I See" - KT Tunstall

21. "Crawling Towards The Sun" - The Hush Sound

22. "Staple It Together" - Jack Johnson

23. "You Got The Style" - Athlete

24. "Shiny Magazine" - Jet

25 "Gone For Good" - The Shins

26. "Bannana Pancakes" - Johnson

27. "Pura Vida" - Braddigan

28. "Devil In The Wishing Well" - Five For Fighting

29. "Modern Mafia" - Athlete

30. "Fidelity" - Regina Spektor ("it breaks my hea-a-a-a a-a-a a-a-a-a-a-art", yeah that song)

31. "Better Together" - Jack Johnson

32. "Get Happy" - House Of Fools

33. "New Slang" - The Shins (Amazing song)

34. "The Crossing" - Braddigan

35. "NYC Weather Report" - Five For Fighting

36. "Vehicles & Animals" - Athlete

38. "Shine On" - Jet (Another amazing song. Buy the CD)

39. "Phantom Limb" - The Shins (This song along with "New Slang" got me into The Shins)

40. "Robbers" - Cold War Kids (My history teacher of all people introduced me to this band)

41. "Soldier's Poem" - Muse (This song is very uncharacteristic for Muse, extremely mellow)

42. "The Riddle" - Five For Fighting

43. "Hey There Delilah" - Plain White T's (It's funny how this song is getting so popular all of a sudden since it's been around for a couple years)

44. "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing" - Jack Johnson

45. "Eleanor" - Jet

46. "Turn On Me" - The Shins

47. "Seven Years" - Norah Jones

48. "Let That Be Enough" - Switchfoot (This was for their early years when they were fairly mellow)


49. "Lighthouse" - The Hush Sound

50."Live And Learn" - House Of Fools

51. "Kings Horses" - Jet (It annoys me how they left out the apostrophe in King's, LOL)

52. "Shake Those Windows" - Athlete (This song sonds really boring at first, but if you listen patiently, it builds up over it's 4 min. play time)

53. "Black Wave" - The Shins

54. "This Airplane Is A Ribbon" - Sherwood

55. "Daggers" - Braddigan

56. "Fortress" - Pinback

57. "Don't Know Why" - Norah Jones

58. "A Commet Appears" - The Shins

59. "Swing Life Away" - Rise Against (It's funny, Rise Against is a hardcore screamo band, but this one song is not only mellow, but brilliant)

60. "Those To Come" - The Shins

2 comments:

Julia said...

You know what "Island in the sun" is? Cool! I love that song. I didn't know that anyone else I knew had listened to it before.

"Suddenly I see" was written to KT's blind migget father. isn't that funny?

Joey said...

Actually, Island In The Sun was really popular a a few years ago, well before I was listenning to popular music. I remember always being bothered when he said "can't control my BRAIN" instead of mind.

that's an ineresting fact. hadn't heard that