Saturday, February 02, 2008

Who Said That White Boys Can't Dance?

My sister, Gillian, turned six on Jan. 26, and we kept having to postpone her party, so my parents finally decided to brave Chuck E. Cheese's. It was the first time that I've ever felt like a racial minority. I'm talking about a black to white ratio of 10 to 1, not that I'm complaining; black women are ten times more entertaining than those stupid spoof movies (take The Comebacks and Meet The Spartans, for example). Chuck E. Cheese's, wow, not the average sixteen-year-old's idea of an ideal fun time. I think we made the most of it though. I played a knock-off of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution), and after a few tries, I was doing pretty well, well enough to attract the attention of some passers-by. You can imagine my impish glee after watching a bunch of black people cluelessly trying to play this dancing game, when I got up there and danced like it was nothing. Who said that white boys can't dance?

2 comments:

Beccah said...

I completely suck at ddr, but Eric (Annalee's husband) is like, amazing at it . . . and he is most definitely white.

bex said...

i suck at DDR as well beccah. wow joey...wow. aw. Gillians b-day is the 26th? so is my moms...that was random...yeah. white guys can totally dance. I mean every week at youth group you and julia swing dance. so you can totally dance..