Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We The Kings

I'm gonna place my bets that sometime in the next two years, probably sooner, We The Kings is going to become super popular. I first heard of WTK back in January when they played at the Recher with Boys Like Girls (if you look back in the January archive of my blog, I actually mentioned them there). Back then I wasn't very impressed with their music, but just recently I looked them up, and they've recorded some new tracks that are amazing (you can hear these at purevolume.com/wethekings). On top of this, they're one of two artists that have been signed to s-curve records, the label that produced the hits Stacy's Mom and Who Let The Dogs Out, which reopenned a couple weeks ago after a two year hiatus. The band's self-titled debut is scheduled to be released this fall, but I have yet to know the date, or where to pre-order. If you love Boys Like Girls, You'll be crazy about We The Kings. I would've posted a song from youtube, but they're so under the radar right now, that there aren't any up. If you become a fan now, then you can say that you were a fan way before they were big. Over and Out.

7 comments:

Julia said...

Yup, they're pretty cool. The lead guy in they're band pic has the same hair cut and length I have... So I look like a boy or he looks like a girl... I like the song check yes juliet

Joey said...

I do too.
I can't wait for their CD to come out.
His hair look's like a girl's hair, you certainly don't look like a boy.

Julia said...

well thats a relief. lol

matanda said...

you were right. i love them.

you're always right.

<3

Joey said...

: )

Anonymous said...

OK We The Kings is about the coolest band ever. I like them a lot. They also sound really similar to Boys Like Girls. I hope they get as famous though!

Anonymous said...

theyre awesome! ive liked them for awhile but i saw them on trl a couple days ago and freaked out!